Language: Polish (Latin characters)
Population: 38 million
Area: 312,600 sq.km.
Political system: Parliamentary democracy
Electricity: 230 volts, 50 hz AC Euro
Currency: 1 zł = 100gr
Weather: Poland has a changeable climate.
Important telephone numbers:
- Spring: March, April, May ( from -1 to 15 C)
- Summer: June, July, August (from 21 to 35 C)
- Autumn: September, October, November (from 0 to 20 C.)
- Winter: December, January, February (from -30 to 5 C)
How to get to Poland
Poland is covered by large network of rail and coach services.
- Police 997 or 112
- Fire Brigade 998
- Ambulance 999
- Tourist Emergency 0 800 200 300
european vacation - Poland: best vacation in europe!
- Trains: are the most popular and cheap means of transport - PKP
- Buses: public and private transport available
- Car - driving in Poland might be tedious and time-consuming due to the poor quality of roads and lack of highways
- Planes - destinations within Poland include: Warsaw, Gdansk, Krakow, Poznan, Katowice, Wroclaw
- Cycling - advised especially in rural Poland
Mailing: Write your e-mail address! You will receive the newest information about places to stay and about european vacation in Poland.